The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Photographs not showing - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Photographs not showing (/showthread.php?tid=6662)

Pages: 1 2

Photographs not showing - Tony Griffiths - 20-09-2021

I've just run a test with files of various sizes from 200kb to 3MB and found that anything below 1MB will not load. If your pictures don't show, try increasing their size - it does seem to work.
The first picture is 1MB, the smallest that will load at the moment, and the second 2.7MB, just under the 3MB limit.
Don't worry about the loss of clarity in the larger size picture, it's been enlarged from a small one; the smaller but clearer image has been shrunk from a larger.

RE: Photographs not showing - Tony Press - 21-09-2021

This is new- we got no warning from Management did we ?

RE: Photographs not showing - Chris KC - 21-09-2021

A bit counter-intuitive - I usually downsize my images for use on the web, at 900 pixels wide or thereabouts they are generally more than adequate quality.

RE: Photographs not showing - JFaulknerUlsterRep - 21-09-2021

I wish it was easier to upload pictures here it can get a bit frustrating at times

RE: Photographs not showing - Howard Wright - 21-09-2021

Hi All

Doing a test. If it works this should be my pic from the “What have you done” thread

Cheers

Howard

This is 850 kB

+1 for less complicated picture additions (drag and drop would be nice )

RE: Photographs not showing - Chris KC - 21-09-2021

Just tested your assertion Tony, in the WHYDWYA7T? thread, and it seems to work (image size 1,020mb).
I'd rather post smaller images though...not sure whether that's a system glitch or a deliberate policy; if the latter I'd suggest 500Kb is a better cut-off point (assuming image quality is the concern).

RE: Photographs not showing - Hugh Barnes - 21-09-2021

Let's try and be a little more understanding about the ability to load photos in this environment. 'Management' is, in essence, one person who is limited to the techinical capabilities of the platform the Forum runs on. The idea of Drag and drop or comparing the abilities with Facebook ignores the fact that other platforms where such things exist have budgets of millions and an army of techies supporting and developing them...

I would imagine that the sudden behaviour of photo uploading is an 'undocumented feature' of the platform outside of Management's control...

RE: Photographs not showing - Mike Costigan - 21-09-2021

I don't think this is the whole answer; I posted two pics in the Racing Bicycles thread, the one that showed is 105kb, and the one that failed is 149kb!

RE: Photographs not showing - goodwoodweirdo - 21-09-2021

I sympathize with the webmaster here... not easy supporting something you didn't program or design, here goes...

.jpg   austin vertical shocks.jpg (Size: 137.87 KB / Downloads: 182)

ok didnt work, i'll try another platform, another picture... then maybe its a browser based problem... can I just add in all cases, you see an attachment paperclip in the overview page !

Test from iPhone

OK well that works, so i have a problem on my PC win10, firefox, antivirus on, domain bugger its my work PC haa haa haa ... etc etc etc

cheers
Matt

** update ** seems to be a random problem, cant again upload, this time get a photo too large to post error...

Over to the site administrator :-)

RE: Photographs not showing - Howard Wright - 21-09-2021

(21-09-2021, 07:38 AM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: Let's try and be a little more understanding about the ability to load photos in this environment. 'Management' is, in essence, one person who is limited to the techinical capabilities of the platform the Forum runs on. The idea of Drag and drop or comparing the abilities with Facebook ignores the fact that other platforms where such things exist have budgets of millions and an army of techies supporting and developing them...

I would imagine that the sudden behaviour of photo uploading is an 'undocumented feature' of the platform outside of Management's control...

Hi Hugh

Yes it’s easy to get carried away. Let’s think of “drag and drop” as a wish not an expectations. I’d hate to think I was critical in any way of the hard working forum management.

However it is strange that the problem has suddenly started and affects various people using wide ranging computer platforms. Seems to indicate that it is the result of an update or bug on the forum platform?

Cheers

Howard