The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
What’s the prettiest? - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: What’s the prettiest? (/showthread.php?tid=522)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

What’s the prettiest? - Dave Wortley - 01-12-2017

Sad I know, but what in your opinion is the prettiest A7? Hopefully this post will not create acrimony. (Specials included in the poll) I like the Gordon England Brooklands.
Cheers,
Dave.

RE: What’s the prettiest? - Ruairidh Dunford - 01-12-2017

I love Cup Models, fabric RKs and R saloons.

A well put together 26-28 painted cowl Chummy gets my vote for seveness.

Steve Hodgson made a superb silver special with hints of Brescia.

There are quite a lot - do I have to chose one above them all?

RE: What’s the prettiest? - Mike Costigan - 01-12-2017

Not strictly a Seven, but I rather like this Rosengart special:

.jpg   1932 Rosengart.800.jpg (Size: 97.67 KB / Downloads: 790)

RE: What’s the prettiest? - Alan - 01-12-2017

Agree with 26-28 chummy, but what about the Ulster. ( especially a long wheelbase rep, when the extra 6inches is in the bonnet not the tail )

RE: What’s the prettiest? - Dave Prior - 01-12-2017

I'm a big fan of AVK vans. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but somehow the proportions are all just right and I think they look very nice. I like RKs too, But the van just gets it.

RE: What’s the prettiest? - merlinart - 01-12-2017

For me, the Grasshopper, I've always thought the shape is the closest possibly to an MG J2 type of machine, nice flowing lines and superb louvres.

I like the BMW Wartburg DA-3 but I'm not keen on the horizontal louvres...different, but not me.

An Open Road Tourer would be very nice too.

Arthur

RE: What’s the prettiest? - Tony Betts - 01-12-2017

(01-12-2017, 07:28 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: A well put together 

I think it's imposible to just pic one.

Austin really nailed it with the austin 7.

Like R, I apreciate them when they are well put together.

Amongst my favourites.

My own 1928 super sports, well they were nicknamed the pretty Ulster.
The AEW sports. There something about staggered seats I like.
Gordon England brooklands.
Any pre 1928 chummy. For me the 1926 to 1928 hit there peak.
c cab van
Favourite saloon RK, let's face it its a 1928 chummy with a hard top.

Tony

RE: What’s the prettiest? - Ian Williams - 01-12-2017

A very tough question to answer, I agree that the GE cup and Brookland's are very attractive, love Chummy's of the period mentioned, agree about RK's, but I like SWB steel saloons too. Of course Nippys, well I had to say that didn't I, Ulsters in race trim, yes super sports too, lovely, and some very attractive specials have been built over the years, my friend Richard McWhannell's Dieppe is a particularly pretty example to my eyes. I just love Austin sevens they have been a life long passion of mine and I have no desire to own anything else, I also love that they can out perform so many other vintage cars and have such versatility.

RE: What’s the prettiest? - Annaustin - 01-12-2017

(01-12-2017, 07:40 PM)Alan Wrote: Agree with 26-28 chummy, but what about the Ulster. ( especially a long wheelbase rep, when the extra 6inches is in the bonnet not the tail )
'26-'28 Chummy as a design classic,long wheelbase rep too,But prefer '29 TT  body as it's a bit slimmer than the Ulster.

RE: What’s the prettiest? - Smiley - 01-12-2017

Well now, sorry folks, I think the prettiest Austin 7 is my 1932 RP Box Saloon. the amount of interest it has raised in the 3 months I have owned her is incredible. Thats why she is affectionately known as Smiley.
Incidentally, I owned my first A7 in 1954. That was a 1932 RN Box saloon for which I saved up and paid £30 for it. How things have changed.