The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
My Great Aunt's Seven - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: My Great Aunt's Seven (/showthread.php?tid=3557)

Pages: 1 2

My Great Aunt's Seven - Steve Bryant - 20-11-2019

Hi all,
 I came across another pic of my great aunt's car, this time showing a rear view with the registration plate in view. Curious to know if the car survived?

.jpg   Aunt kitty's A7.jpg (Size: 84.42 KB / Downloads: 545)

Cheers,
Stephen

RE: My Great Aunt's Seven - Jeff Taylor - 20-11-2019

The registration DF 4419 isn't on the DVLA Database nor the A7CA Chassis Register I'm afraid Steve. The prefix DF shows the car was first registered in Gloucestershire, DF registrations being introduced from June 1926. By the beginning of January 1929 6612 vehicles had been licensed.

RE: My Great Aunt's Seven - Mike Costigan - 20-11-2019

A lovely photo, Steve; may I add it to the Gallery?

RE: My Great Aunt's Seven - Steve Bryant - 21-11-2019

Thank you Mike, yes you most certainly can.
Cheers,
Stephen

RE: My Great Aunt's Seven - Steve Bryant - 21-11-2019

Here are the other two photos that are the same car:

Cheers,
Stephen

RE: My Great Aunt's Seven - Hugh Barnes - 21-11-2019

Great photos... Loving the hats and dog!

RE: My Great Aunt's Seven - Nick Salmon - 21-11-2019

I love everything about those photos - and the most recent one solves the question I asked in '1927 Chummy #5 Windscreen frame fittings' about the function of the lower right angled 'peg' on the windscreen pillar. As I thought, it is for a driving mirror. Thanks Steve.

RE: My Great Aunt's Seven - Duncan Grimmond - 21-11-2019

What evocative photos!
I particularly like the timber "motor house" behind the car...

RE: My Great Aunt's Seven - Mike Costigan - 21-11-2019

(21-11-2019, 09:09 AM)Nick Salmon Wrote: I love everything about those photos - and the most recent one solves the question I asked in '1927 Chummy #5 Windscreen frame fittings' about the function of the lower right angled 'peg' on the windscreen pillar. As I thought, it is for a driving mirror. Thanks Steve.

Interesting, too, that the windscreen wiper motor is a semi-circular version rather than the cylindrical version that most people believe to be the correct type.

RE: My Great Aunt's Seven - Zetomagneto - 21-11-2019

Is that Trico wiper? I thought they were round Lucas ones fitted when new