The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
More storage restoration - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: More storage restoration (/showthread.php?tid=2993)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: More storage restoration - Tony Betts - 15-12-2019

Well it's been a busy week getting orders out before christmas, so not as much work done as liked on the barn.

Plus it's cold and very wet out there.

But the first two doors are painted and fitted. And the second two are now ready and being painted. Also done a bit more on the ceiling.

[attachment=8378]

[attachment=8379]

[attachment=8380]

RE: More storage restoration - Ruairidh Dunford - 15-12-2019

Those doors and colour are quality Tony - nice work.

thanks R,

i cant say ive made them from scratch, they come in given sizes. so ive done some alterations. and fitted the 1 1/2 drip rail.

dont mind saying they are looking good now though.

at least when the doors are on, im out of the cold and rain.

tony.

RE: More storage restoration - Douglas Alderson - 15-12-2019

Hi Tony 

Out of interest what are you using to board the ceiling?

Plaster board.

Cant remember the thickness, it's the thinner for ceilings. I think 10mm.

And yes there is a little sagging, partly because I think I could have put the joists closer. Partly from having no doors, and it being very damp.

I'll get round this with the boards I have to fit the lighting too.

May have noticed by now, I'm not a builder.

Tony

RE: More storage restoration - Douglas Alderson - 15-12-2019

Thanks, I’ll probably stick with hardboard.

Doors look good. I have a similar arrangement of 4 doors but have hinged the middle ones to open outwards so I can open the middle to get the car in, but it does mean I can’t have a drip rail.  But added a small canopy over the doors to keep the rain off a bit.

RE: More storage restoration - Tony Betts - 16-12-2019

hi douglas,

i had the two end doors open outwards, so i can get larger items in.

i wanted the main centre door to open inwards this time, so it stops the temptation to fill any area with stock when busy.

if your door opens inwards, you cant put anything in its radius.

this thread is showing what us amatures go through with our hobby, not just working on the cars. but were we store them and there spares.

winter has slowed this one down though.

tony

RE: More storage restoration - Douglas Alderson - 16-12-2019

Hi Tony

Probably didn’t explain it very well.  My middle two doors open outward to fold on to the end doors and then the end doors also open outwards.  It meant I can drive in the middle doors or the left set or the right set depending on where the stuff is in the garage.  I was going to leave them as wood finish but the grey paint on yours looks good, an Austin logo would look nice in white.

RE: More storage restoration - Tony Betts - 16-12-2019

Hi Douglas,

It sounds like your doors are how the last one were on mine. It works very well.

But see the first pics I put on, I filled every inch.

With the two middle door opening inwards, I cant block that area anymore.

I had wood finish last time, but failed to get the time to keep treating them. The wheather soon gets in.

So I've gone for a paint finish this time, the paint is far more time consuming. But should last a lot longer.

And yes I've already been tempted with the thoughts of a big austin script. Or even a large B G on middle two doors.

Tony.

RE: More storage restoration - Tony Betts - 21-12-2019

Another busy week, sorting out as many peoples orders as possible before christmas.

Well I turned the phone of last night, and it wont be on again until the new years.

I managed to get the doors painted and dry during the week.

So today is the first time I've had a chance to further things.

Doors are now fitted, but I'll have to do something about the gap at the top in the new years.

Also got the rest of the plaster board up.

Tomorrow will be a chance to do floor repairs, and finish what needs to be done on the ceiling.

[attachment=8403]

This picture shows the mess my workshop is now in as things are moved around to put a partition wall in.

Tony.

[attachment=8404]