The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Cozette No 4 Supercharger - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Cozette No 4 Supercharger (/showthread.php?tid=2529)

Pages: 1 2

Cozette No 4 Supercharger - SueRelph - 17-03-2019

Hi, I just wondered if any Austin 7 enthusiasts out there can help with advice re ‘big picture’ valuation of the following items:-
1. Cozette No 4 Supercharger
2. 3 speed gearbox for Austin 7
3. An Austin 7 steering arm
4. A pressure fed crank nose cone
I have attached pictures.

RE: Cozette No 4 Supercharger - Ruairidh Dunford - 17-03-2019

Sue,

I have just noted the name written at the bottom of the Supercharger - McGrath - hopefully this is Terry McGrath, a Forum user...

RE: Cozette No 4 Supercharger - SueRelph - 17-03-2019

Thanks Ruairidh!

RE: Cozette No 4 Supercharger - Ian McGowan - 17-03-2019

Singling out the 3 speed G'Box; I bought a standard one in average condition about 2 years ago from Tony Betts, I think I paid him £30 for it.

RE: Cozette No 4 Supercharger - Alan - 17-03-2019

Sue, the other name on the supercharger is that of Alan McBeath. He had a batch of these made several year ago. Your Dad showed me this in his workshop last year, it’s in good nick. I’ll send you a private message with what I think it’s worth.

RE: Cozette No 4 Supercharger - SueRelph - 17-03-2019

Thanks Ian! I’m trying to finalise the inventory ready for April!

RE: Cozette No 4 Supercharger - Austin in the Shed - 17-03-2019

You would probably get the best price for the supercharger on Ebay.

RE: Cozette No 4 Supercharger - Zetomagneto - 18-03-2019

Hello Sue

I was in communication with Peter in Aug 2017 re these parts, I thought he had sold them.

If you pm me I can give you Peter's own description of what they are and his value of them.

Surprised the Racer's on the forum have not come up with any valuations, I have my own thoughts but have refrained
as I have Peter's values which are in my opinion very fair.

Best Wishes

Gene

RE: Cozette No 4 Supercharger - Andy Bennett - 18-03-2019

And IMHO with unknown history (eg why was it removed) the steering arm should be scrapped unless crack tested and proved to be in good condition as a safety critical component.
I know they appear on ebay from time to time but personally, for perhaps a £15 sale, I wouldn't want to sell an item to hear that it was installed and then broke, resulting in a serious accident.

Andy B

RE: Cozette No 4 Supercharger - Terry McGrath - 18-03-2019

R.  the name on the Cozette is McBeath.  Presumably Alan?