The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS CAR - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS CAR (/showthread.php?tid=2223)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS CAR - Paul Nott - 13-01-2019

Hi All
Purchased this car last year which should be ready this summer, plan to use in driving tests and autosolo's.

Trying to trace some history, does anyone recognise this vehicle?
I have recent history, last 20 years or so but nothing older.
I believe the car started life as a 1927 London registered Chummy and was reportedly rebodied pre war??
The body style is interesting and I was hoping someone out there would be able to give some information on the manurfacturer.
Many thanks.                

RE: DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS CAR - Malcolm Parker - 13-01-2019

What a nice car, Paul.   I suspect that what you have is a very well conceived and made special rather than a pre-war coachbuilt body.  It would be good to have some photos of the bulkhead area and interior.  The frontal aspect is very good, rather Gordon England like.
A super little Austin 7 ideal for the occasional sprint and hillclimb.

RE: DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS CAR - Tony Betts - 13-01-2019

A very priety little car.

Love the rear wings extending out the rear of the car.

A nice set of chummy lamps instead of those tractor lamps would make the front right.

Tony.

RE: DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS CAR - Hedd_Jones - 13-01-2019

I agree. What a super looking car

RE: DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS CAR - JonE - 13-01-2019

so did that originally have a conventional exhaust routing, or is the door detail just decorative?

RE: DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS CAR - Paul Nott - 13-01-2019

Malcolm
I've down loaded more pictures for your perusal of the bulkhead, unfortunately interior is removed awaiting retrim.
I totally agree with Tony the headlamps need replacing, I already have one R510 Lucas unit in near perfect condition but struggling to find a second.
I did recently bid on a pair of 7inch Lucas units but was out bid, sold for £300plus!
With regards to the exhaust routing, it was routed this way on purchase, the door detail is interesting as it shows a door outline on the n/s but nothing on the o/s. This appears to be only decorative, when trim was removed the uncovered metal is free of any markings.
Many thanks
Paul  

RE: DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS CAR - Hedd_Jones - 13-01-2019

The bulkhead is a bit like a GE cup isnt it?

RE: DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS CAR - Damian GT - 13-01-2019

That's fab. I really like it. Lovely period special with nice tweaks.  

I'd agree that the headlights should really be a vintage pair.

RE: DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS CAR - Ruairidh Dunford - 13-01-2019

I too like your car - lovely!

Could you help me please? Can you tell me what size jets you have in that downdraft carb?

RE: DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS CAR - Tony Betts - 13-01-2019

(13-01-2019, 06:22 PM)Paul Nott Wrote: Malcolm
I've down loaded more pictures for your perusal of the bulkhead, unfortunately interior is removed awaiting retrim.
I totally agree with Tony the headlamps need replacing, I already have one R510 Lucas unit in near perfect condition but struggling to find a second.
I did recently bid on a pair of 7inch Lucas units but was out bid, sold for £300plus!
With regards to the exhaust routing, it was routed this way on purchase, the door detail is interesting as it shows a door outline on the n/s but nothing on the o/s. This appears to be only decorative, when trim was removed the uncovered metal is free of any markings.
Many thanks
Paul  
hi PAUL,
that was the second pair I sold over £300. Didn't think there was anything special about them. Apart from being unused old stock. It goes to show we can all learn something.

i also sold two further sets on the stall at spring beaulieu for £70.00 a set. All I need to do is learn a bit quicker Huh

if it helps I have plenty of LUCAS 510 on the shelf, good reflectors. But need painting.

may be worth giving me a call.

tony.