The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
PWA7C December 2018 calendar photograph ? - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: PWA7C December 2018 calendar photograph ? (/showthread.php?tid=2102)

Pages: 1 2

PWA7C December 2018 calendar photograph ? - Joe eck - 09-12-2018

Out of pure curiosity does anybody happen to know the location of the seaside photograph on the December 2018 PWA7C calendar?
It looks familiar but haven't yet been able to identify.

RE: PWA7C December 2018 calendar photograph ? - Steve Jones - 09-12-2018

South Bay Scarborough looking towards Olivers Mount. The Ruby in the foreground, HE 6685, has a Barnsley registration so very appropriate.

Here's a more modern, long range, view. 

.jpg   _99717050_castleharbourscarboroughsouthbay.jpg (Size: 125.38 KB / Downloads: 421)

Steve

RE: PWA7C December 2018 calendar photograph ? - Erich - 09-12-2018

I'm guessing the tide goes out quite a way, given the appearance of the trawler in the BG, apparently resting on her bottom.

Erich in Seattle

RE: PWA7C December 2018 calendar photograph ? - Joe eck - 09-12-2018

Thanks Steve that's brilliant.
I have been asking everybody who passed through our door if they knew the location.
I may have to take my Ruby up to Scarborough and try to re enact the scene ?.

RE: PWA7C December 2018 calendar photograph ? - Derek Sheldon - 10-12-2018

How about posting the original picture for those of us who don’t get the prewar mag

RE: PWA7C December 2018 calendar photograph ? - Chris Garner - 10-12-2018

Derek.
Enclosed!

RE: PWA7C December 2018 calendar photograph ? - Dave Wheatley - 10-12-2018

(09-12-2018, 08:57 PM)Erich Wrote: I'm guessing the tide goes out quite a way, given the appearance of the trawler in the BG, apparently resting on her bottom.

Erich in Seattle

Hi Erich. by UK standards the tidal range at Sdarorough is about average at a maximum of 20 feet at spring tides (highest) between high and low water. Where I am, the range is up to 27 feet. In the Bristol Channel the range goes up to 35 feet. On the west coast of Scotland the range in some places is between 5 and 10 feet. Most fishing boats in those days were designed to dry out at low water.
Just for interest, what's the tidal range at Seattle?

Edit. A quick google tells me that the range at Seattle is up to a maximum of 16 feet, so a bit less than Scarborough,

RE: PWA7C December 2018 calendar photograph ? - Roger Goldthorpe - 10-12-2018

The NO PARKING ON THIS ROAD benches have gone and parking bays for disabled and solo motorcycles have been provided together with the usual seaside tat that blocks the open view.

Roger

RE: PWA7C December 2018 calendar photograph ? - Roger Goldthorpe - 17-12-2018

Not quite the same place but there was a white van blocking the view!
Shame about the car posing in place of the Ruby. Not mine so I couldn't shift it!

Roger

RE: PWA7C December 2018 calendar photograph ? - Chris KC - 17-12-2018

Keep 'em coming, if we can get the other 8 pictures up I won't have to shell out for a calendar!