Austinsevenfriends
Box 7 sunroof - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Sales & Wants (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Wants (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Box 7 sunroof (/showthread.php?tid=1848)

Box 7 sunroof - PeterW - 05-10-2018

Looking for a sliding roof panel for a 1933 Box 7 . Anything will do , and in any condition to enable me to take measurements and copy .

RE: Box 7 sunroof - squeak - 05-10-2018

(05-10-2018, 06:55 PM)PeterW Wrote: Looking for a sliding roof panel for a 1933 Box 7 . Anything will do , and in any condition to enable me to take measurements and copy .

have a word to Martin Prior a cherished supplier on here, he sells them

RE: Box 7 sunroof - Martin Prior - 09-10-2018

(05-10-2018, 11:23 PM)squeak Wrote:
(05-10-2018, 06:55 PM)PeterW Wrote: Looking for a sliding roof panel for a 1933 Box 7 . Anything will do , and in any condition to enable me to take measurements and copy .

Thanks for that, Russell!

We can supply new, but as an alternative, if you've been following the "Oil tight Austin Seven" thread, you'll see that the guy who's butchered a superbly original '33 RP is disposing of the entire sunroof assembly.  I know this car and the roof was still in working order before he got his hands on it.

RE: Box 7 sunroof - DazeOff - 09-10-2018

[attachment=4098 Wrote:PeterW pid='17277' dateline='1538762147'][attachment=4099]Looking for a sliding roof panel for a 1933 Box 7 . Anything will do , and in any condition to enable me to take measurements and copy .

Hello Peter,

I'm the one that supposedly wrecked a perfectly good 33 RP - bought via Martin Prior, and was commented on "Oil tight Austin Seven"...... but then the RP wasn't really very good. 

The sliding roof panel had a huge air gap and the metalwork below the sliding panel was very rusty. It was completely removed down to the factory bodywork metal - actually to reveal the 5mm rebate which I have inserted a polycarbonate panel to allow solar panels to collect ANY contribution as is available from Manchester sunshine ;-(

Yes, I currently have the sliding roof and parts that came off in tact. You can contact me on mikelly2@me.com or 0771 288 7993  the website blog is "immortal-gems.co.uk" (me.com is an apple email, immortal-gems is a spare domain I own)

(09-10-2018, 10:54 AM)Martin Prior Wrote:

We can supply new, but as an alternative, if you've been following the "Oil tight Austin Seven" thread, you'll see that the guy who's butchered a superbly original '33 RP is disposing of the entire sunroof assembly.  I know this car and the roof was still in working order before he got his hands on it.

RE: Box 7 sunroof - PeterW - 22-10-2018

Thanks for your reply . I bought the whole assembly , so that is one problem solved!

Thanks for your reply . I bought the whole assembly , so that is one problem solved!

RE: Box 7 sunroof - Zetomagneto - 22-10-2018

(09-10-2018, 10:54 AM)6Martin Prior Wrote:

Martin, he hasn’t butchered the car, it was only an RP, and my previous comments have not unexpectedly come true, it has made parts available for other Seven owners.
His alternative might have been to put a polycarbonate roof on it which would make the car nice and light inside, you know, like a fixed Velux window.
Best Wishes Gene