The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Another curious Seven for sale - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Another curious Seven for sale (/showthread.php?tid=1368)

Pages: 1 2 3

Another curious Seven for sale - Mike Costigan - 22-06-2018

1929 RK coupe, anyone?

.jpg   236291-1529587148-5577205.JPG (Size: 44.34 KB / Downloads: 660)

https://www.prewarcar.com/236291-austin-seven-special-type-rk-low-coupe

It appears to retain the standard steering column rake and seating position, so headroom must be rather lacking!

RE: Another curious Seven for sale - JonE - 22-06-2018

Were the Spaniards shorter generally?

that's rather good value if the new interior is liveable with. I wonder if that's the Valencia RF behind it which came to UK for conservation (i.e is it an old photo)

RE: Another curious Seven for sale - David.H - 22-06-2018

I am in discussion with DVLA about my AG Tourer which came from USA & to there from Hong Kong. I have no UK history. They have all my documents (including Club examination etc) and want to come & see it. I explained it was in (many) bits being restored & they said please put more of it together before we visit! (no imagination)
I am restoring it to the Hong Kong spec. Hydraulics,4 speed, Nippy head etc(not block, sadly) !7" wheels etc. The Nobby spring assisters may not make it....the alloy axle blocks are broken in pieces! I think the colour may have been blue / black from "forensic" examination of the paint under the US layer of skim filler!
Getting there!

RE: Another curious Seven for sale - Colin Morgan - 22-06-2018

The other unusal Coupe-like car that was discussed on the Forum was also from Spain.  That seemed to have an elongated steel B-Type body.  I wonder if this car has a steel body too? 

Regards,
Colin

RE: Another curious Seven for sale - Ruairidh Dunford - 22-06-2018

The Coupe windscreen is wider than an RK.

can anyone remember a link to that other Spanish steel car? I've tried searching the forum but failed... it may have been in another thread. This one feels like it should be aluminium....

RE: Another curious Seven for sale - Colin Morgan - 22-06-2018

A thread on the old Forum was:

Seen the 1930 Steel B-Type Coupe For Sale?
25th April 2016.

Regards
Colin

RE: Another curious Seven for sale - Mike Costigan - 22-06-2018

(22-06-2018, 10:27 AM)David.H Wrote: I am in discussion with DVLA about my AG Tourer ... They have all my documents (including Club examination etc) and want to come & see it. I explained it was in (many) bits being restored & they said please put more of it together before we visit! (no imagination)

Dave,
If your car is presently in the state shown in your photos, I would have thought that was sufficiently assembled for the DVLA examination.

this Spanish car is all steel too!
Was originally Battleship Grey with Tapestry trim; 'XP Saloon' body type but there is a strange designation in the Austin Ledger notes - SPO3195. I've got a load of photos sent if anyone wants to see - pm me an email address...

what's with the crossmember?

RE: Another curious Seven for sale - David.H - 22-06-2018

(22-06-2018, 04:45 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote:
(22-06-2018, 10:27 AM)David.H Wrote: I am in discussion with DVLA about my AG Tourer ... They have all my documents (including Club examination etc) and want to come & see it. I explained it was in (many) bits being restored & they said please put more of it together before we visit! (no imagination)

Dave,
If your car is presently in the state shown in your photos, I would have thought that was sufficiently assembled for the DVLA examination.

It has moved on since then! I will be contacting them in July to arrange a visit. Should be on it's wheels by then & I can always hang the wings on with a few bolts!
David