The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Cup in a Box - resurrected from the old Forum... - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Cup in a Box - resurrected from the old Forum... (/showthread.php?tid=1292)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Cup in a Box - resurrected from the old Forum... - AllAlloyCup - 16-02-2019

Yes Andrew, but we all know you had heated seats.....

But what an epic drive, very jealous!

Regards

Bill G

RE: Cup in a Box - resurrected from the old Forum... - Special Bits - 16-02-2019

Andrew, Luxury! Heated seat, windscreen, side curtains, Maybe even a heater!! 

This is hard core, aero screens................ that's it nothing else.
Minus 6 that night, at the start of the Exter Trial, 2am.

RE: Cup in a Box - resurrected from the old Forum... - Ruairidh Dunford - 16-02-2019

The little side curtains on Andrew's Ulster came about after a discussion we had about how I always needed to shove a towel or something between me and the side of my own car when driving through the winter (Chris KC will testify to this as well I am sure), to stop the draft coming in behind my back. I never got around to making any but I think Andrew was glad he did.

The little perspex sides to windscreen were copied from Bob Flockhart's '65 - Andrew and I drove it to Bob's funeral as the family wanted the car present. We both commented how effective they were at directing the wind away from your face and hands, Bob made many clever little mods to increase the comfort when driving.

For those of you unfamiliar with Andrew's extraordinary achievement, spent a few minutes reading all about it here: http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2099944454&frmid=5&msgid=1019230&cmd=show

I have just re-read it all and must admit that I had completely forgotten how exciting I found it! Nice work Andrew!

RE: Cup in a Box - resurrected from the old Forum... - Special Bits - 16-02-2019

R, all very sensible mods for driving in proper winter conditions!

We keep debating putting the full windscreen back on, but the lack of wipers puts me off. It would be very vulnerable to breakage if folded down on trials sections due to the unframed top edge. the worst thing is the air coming between the rear view mirror and the aero screen, straight onto my left hand. Even ski gloves cant keep that out!

The side curtains are a good idea which I might copy, the press studs are already there after all. Grasshoppers often ran with these in the 30's.

Andrew, I was only joking, your mid winter trip to Monaco was a true epic!

RE: Cup in a Box - resurrected from the old Forum... - Ruairidh Dunford - 16-02-2019

I think they are a great idea Stuart, interesting that Grasshoppers used them!

RE: Cup in a Box - resurrected from the old Forum... - Peter Naulls - 17-02-2019

I cobbled together a pair of sidescreens for the '97 Jogle - very effective they were too.

RE: Cup in a Box - resurrected from the old Forum... - Ruairidh Dunford - 17-02-2019

Love it!

Who is the 11 year old boy driving your Ulster Peter?

RE: Cup in a Box - resurrected from the old Forum... - Damian GT - 17-02-2019

I'm just pleased to see that the kids in the back are wearing proper head gear.

RE: Cup in a Box - resurrected from the old Forum... - Ruairidh Dunford - 17-02-2019

LOL!!!

RE: Cup in a Box - resurrected from the old Forum... - Peter Naulls - 18-02-2019

With hindsight I should have worn one of the crash helmets - it may have stopped all my hair getting blown away in subsequent years.

Peter.